As technology advances, more and more things are moving online. Driver’s education and adult traffic school is no different – it’s now completely possible (and often the best option) to complete traffic school online. There are many competing services out there, and today we’re going to look at one of the more unique ones: Improv Traffic School. Keep reading for our full Improv Traffic School review.
At a Glance: MyImprov.com takes the traffic school/driver’s ed practice 100% online, helping to save you both time and money. The programs offered are DMV approved in many states, and also recognized by most court systems. Improv Traffic School courses can help you reduce points from your driving record, get tickets dismissed, teach you to be a safer driver, and even teach your teen basic driving skills! State requirements vary, but MyImprov has courses customized to each state that they serve. The program is unique in the fact that it was developed in partnership with an improv comedy group, so it’s designed to be lighthearted, humorous and fun.
What We Love:
- 100% online
- State DMV certified
- Court recognized
- Offers both teen driver’s ed and adult traffic school
- Can help improve your driving record or get tickets dismissed
- Can help you earn a discount on your car insurance
- Very affordable
- Humorous and lighthearted lessons
- Quicker than traditional classes
- Well rated in Improv Traffic School reviews from customers
- Over 3 million students served
- 24/7 US-based support
- Access courses any time, from any device
- Available nationwide (but course offerings vary from state to state)
What We Don’t Love:
- Offerings vary in each state, with some only offering 1 or 2 courses
- Some states do not offer Teen Driver’s Ed
What Is Improv Traffic School?
A leader in the online traffic school industry with more than 3 million happy customers
Improv Traffic School is one of the oldest and most established online traffic schools, with over 20 years in the business. They offer a wide variety of courses, including adult courses like defensive driving and court-ordered traffic school, as well as teen driver’s ed.
Everything is online with Improv. You simply complete courses from your computer, tablet or phone. You work at your own pace, with no need to fit into a specific schedule.
Improv takes a lighthearted “edu-tainment” approach to traffic school, seeking to entertain their customers and make them laugh, all while teaching them valuable, state DMV-approved coursework. Courses are developed in partnership with a famous improv comedy club, and honestly they are pretty entertaining – which can’t really be said for most driver’s training courses! Check out the video below for more info, or keep reading for our full Improv Traffic School review!
Improv Traffic School Review
We tested several different courses offered by Improv to get a hands-on feel for how everything worked. We also look at lots Improv Traffic School reviews from verified customers to get a better idea of what the overall community thought about this service. Our full Improv Driving School review is found below.
Funny, fun and engaging; affordable; state DMV approved and court approved
- Work at your own pace, from anywhere with internet
- Complete courses on computers, tablets, smartphones etc.
- Teen Driver’s Ed as well as Adult Traffic School, Defensive Driving, etc.
- Available nationwide (although offerings vary in each state)
- Court-certified and DMV approved
- Mix of short videos, quizzes, written content, animations and more
- 100% online
- Get your Certificate of Completion just 30 minutes after completing the course
- Approved by courts for traffic ticket dismissal, driving record reconciliation and more
- Shortest course allowed by law (mostly 4 hours or so)
- Dedicated, US-based 24/7 customer support
How Does MyImprov.Com Work?
Online-only, state approved coursework delivered in a hilarious and engaging way
MyImprov.com is a full-service online driving school. It offers Driver’s Ed courses for teens, as well as tons of adult classes for ticket dismissal, insurance discounts, defensive driving, etc.
Here’s how the process works:
- Sign up for MyImprov.com and select your state
- Select a course. Choose from anywhere from 2-10+ different courses, depending on your state
- Complete the course requirements. These follow state and court-ordered requirements
- Receive a digital Certificate of Completion just 30 minutes after completion – or, request a mailed physical copy
- Present the Certificate to the court, insurance provider or DMV
- Get your ticket dismissed, driving record reduced, insurance rate lowered, etc.
The entire process is 100% online. For adult traffic school, Improv will even notify the court directly, so you may not even have to take any additional steps beyond completing the coursework. It can save you a lot of time! Click here to see courses available in your state!
The Improv Traffic School Experience
A hilarious video-based course developed by driving experts and improv comics
Improv is not your average dry, boring course provider. The program uses a blend of videos and quizzes, and the videos are narrated by improv comics. The result is videos like this, which teach you actual lessons about safe driving, while making you laugh!
This humorous style improves engagement, and actually helps you remember the content. It may seem silly, but it’s a style that works quite well, particularly for adults who would be easily bored by traditional classes and may wish to take an Improv defensive driving course to satisfy a court requirement or to get a ticket dismissed.
Everything is completely online, and can be completed on your favorite devices. Course requirements will vary from state to state (and depending on the type of course) but ultimately they all follow a similar format and style. It’s 100% online, but keep in mind that teen driver’s ed is only the in-class portion, so your teen will still have to complete in-person drive times, according to state laws.
How Much Does Improv Traffic School Cost?
Varies by state and course; starting from just $25
No Improv Traffic School review would be complete without pricing info! There’s no quick answer here, however, as each course is priced differently depending on state requirements.
A general rule of thumb is that you can expect to pay around $20-$40 for an adult traffic school class. Driver’s ed courses will be a bit more, as they are typically longer and more involved.
How Long Does MyImprov.com Take?
As short as legally allowed; as little as a few hours!
These courses follow rigid state requirements, which are different in each state. However, they’re always as short as legally allowed, which often means as little as a couple of hours to complete a course.
Is MyImprov.com DMV Approved?
Yes; DMV Approved in most states & court certified as well
Is MyImprov.com legit? It sure is! This platform has served over 3 million customers, and now offers classes nationwide. That said, course offerings do vary from state to state. Some states only have adult driver training and do not offer teen driver’s ed.
Improv Traffic School Review: Bottom Line
Overall, MyImprov.com is a fantastic service. It’s fun, quick, and actually quite funny. We mostly tested the adult traffic school courses, but Improv’s teen driver’s ed courses are also well rated.
All courses meet state and court requirements, and are just as legit as your local traffic school – just much cheaper and more convenient!