Editor’s note: Congratulations to Eric Lopez, winner of this year’s EducatedDriver.org scholarship! Check back next year for info on applying for the 2019-2020 award.
We are excited to announce the Educated Driver $1,000 scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year. We believe it’s a great way to give back to the community while also raising awareness for an issue that’s very important to us – putting an end to texting and driving.
Eligible students can apply below for the opportunity to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. You can use the scholarship to cover any education-related expense, such as school books, tuition, dorm/apartment rent, etc. One (1) winner will be selected.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Recent high school graduate in the United States OR currently enrolled in two or four-year college at an accredited US post-secondary institution (or trade school)
- Citizen of the United States
- Will pursue or already pursuing a degree at an accredited US college/post-secondary institution
- Minimum 3.00 GPA or grade average equivalent
How to Apply
Applying for the Educated Driver $1,000 Scholarship is easy. Just write a 500+ word essay on the following topic: Nearly 400,000 injuries occur every year due to texting and driving accidents, and over 3,000 people die annually in these crashes. What can be done to put an end to texting and driving once and for all?
Email your essay application to [email protected] along with the following information:
- Your name, email, and phone number
- Your school
- Current GPA/equivalent
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are due no later than October 1, 2018. A winner will be chosen within 15 days and notified by email. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days of notification, another winner will be selected.